Thursday, September 28, 2006

Windows Live Writer - I18N not complete

After performing the usual* test when getting a System.FormatException it seems that the I18n has not yet been done properly in Windows Live Writer. Basically (it seems like) the code assumes . (dot) as a decimal separator somewhere, but gets a , (comma) since the Swedish (Finland) locale (sv-FI) uses comma as decimal separator.

Workaround: Change the decimal separator to a dot.

Usual test: Change the regional settings to use English (United States)

 

Technorati tags:

2 comments:

Joe Cheng said...

You're right that we haven't done much I18N work on Writer. Right now we only officially work on English/United States. That said, this is a stupid bug and I'll see what I can do to get it fixed quickly.

iSkomorokh said...

Thank you!